PayPal eCommerce Integration
Standard; Pro Direct; Pro Express; Payflow Pro; Recurring Billing Support (through Standard)
More Info: Visit PayPal Website (New Window)
If you've already set up an account to receive money using Paypal Standard, you can literally be accepting funds using this method in your Kryptronic eCommerce software in less than a minute.
When you sign up for Paypal Standard, that account is based on an email address. Just note what that email address is.
Now, log into your Kryptronic eCommerce software and navigate to Store > Commerce > Processing Gateways and click on the Update link beside the PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form method.
You'll only need to do two things here:
- On the screen you arrive at, set the Active Status to True.
- Click on the side menu which says Security and enter the email address associated with your Paypal Standard account in the field marked Gateway User/Store ID*
Click on Submit and you are now ready to begin accepting Paypal payments.
It's that simple
Paypal Website Payments Pro Setup
Configuring the PayPal Website Payments Pro payment method is quite easy. All of the controls are in the Store > Component > Settings > PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings menu. This is how you can quickly set up PayPal Website Payments Pro:
STEP 1: Getting Your Webserver Ready
The PayPal Website Payments Pro payment methods require you to use a secure server for processing credit cards transparently using the 'PayPal (Pro Direct Method) - Secure Server' method. Make sure your host has set up a secure (SSL) webserver account for you. If you did not originally configure SSL URLs when you installed the program, access the installer to do so.
STEP 2: Getting Your PayPal Account Ready
- Login to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
- Click the 'Profile' tab, then select the 'API Access' link.
- Click the 'API Certificate Request' link, complete the form on the following page. Make note of the account name and password you select and then click 'Continue'. On the following page, review the information submitted, and if it's correct, click the 'Generate Certificate' link. On the next page, click the 'Download' link and save the file 'cert_key_pem.txt' to your computer.
- Click the 'Merchant Tools' tab and select the 'Virtual Terminal' link next to the PayPal Website Payments Pro section.
- Complete the Virtual Terminal application and wait approximately two days to receive your approval email.
- Once you receive your approval email, login to PayPal, select the 'Virtual Terminal' link again and choose to Accept the Monthly Billing Agreement.
STEP 3: Setting Up Your Kryptronic eCommerce Software
- Access the Store > Component > Settings > PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings menu.
- Save your key file. Simply paste the contents of your key file into the Keyfile Contents field.
- Set 'Enable PayPal Website Payments Pro Express Checkout Link' to true.
- In the field 'API Login: User Name', enter in the account name you selected when setting up your certificate key file on PayPal's site.
- In the field 'API Login: User Password', enter in the password you selected when setting up your certificate key file on PayPal's site.
- None of the other fields on that page need to be modified.
- In the management interface, select Commerce/Manage Processing Gateways function. If you previously accepted payments using PayPal's Standard method, and the payment method 'PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form' is 'Active', choose to 'Update' that method and set it to 'Inactive'.
- Choose to 'Update' the 'PayPal (Pro Express Method) - Payment Form' payment method. Set that method to 'Active'. You only need to update that single field on this page.
- Choose to 'Update' the 'PayPal (Pro Direct Method) - Secure Server' payment method. Set that method to 'Active'. You only need to update that single field on this page.
After you have completed these steps, your online store will be ready to accept payments via PayPal Website Payments Pro.
View All Payment Processing Integrations