Shopping Cart Software Features
Installation and Support
- No programming required.
- Installs on virtually all webservers.
- Runs in it's own directory - you can run multiple installs on the same domain (a license purchase for each install is required).
- Does not require a dedicated server - built for virtual hosts.
- Installs via FTP or SSH - your choice.
- No local platform specific installation package.
- Runs 100% on your webserver.
- Once installed, all configuration is done via the web-based management interface.
- Free support via our online forum.
- Free updates & low-cost upgrades.
Platform and Database
- Editable source codebase.
- Runs on any webserver with PHP.
- Full SSL/HTTPS support.
- Operating systems supported include all Unix/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Relational databases supported include MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
- All database tables are querried and updated using SQL.
- Modify tables and execute SQL statements in real time using the web-based administrator.
- Easilly import/export data to/from CSV files and relational databases.
Web-Based Management Interface
- All configuration is web-based.
- Password-protected administrative access.
- Manage your site from anywhere - all you need is an Internet connection.
- Set up multiple users and user groups with different levels of access.
- Make changes to your site in real time.
- Easy to follow menu system.
- Embedded context-sensitive help.
- Offers functions for virtually every management task.
Layout and Site Design
- The site layout is skin based, which allows you to use Frontpage or Dreamweaver created HTML in your layout.
- You can match the layout to the look and feel of the rest of your site.
- The management interface has a full content management system built-in.
- Embedded support for full-blown PHP allow you to include program variables and even code routines in your XHTML.
- 100% of the front-end layout is configurable in nearly 200 different layout elements.
- Create displays on-the-fly.
- Change the text of all system messages.
- Change the different email templates (text and XHTML) used by the program.
Categories, Products and Options
- Supports an unlimited number of categories.
- Create an unlimited number of levels of categories.
- Supports different display types for products within categories.
- Product pricing types: Regular Price, Sale Price, Fully Option Based, Recurring, Volume Based and Not Priced.
- Recurring billing support allows you to specify monthly charges for products and product options in addition to or in place of one-time charges.
- Volume based pricing allows you to create different price breaks for quantities ordered.
- Each product can be set up under a declining balance inventory system and have maximum purchase quantities assigned.
- Out of stock messages are presented to customers if the inventory level is zero.
- State/Province and Country level tax exemptions.
- Enter search keywords for the store's search function.
- Choose to use different displays for each product and up to three different size images.
- Ability to include product-specific text in email confirmations.
- Two different descriptions for different displays.
- Support for best seller, new item, specials, all products, products index and splash page displays.
- Product-level shipping method choices including realtime rates, default product based pricing and custom shipping scripts.
- Support for digital goods - including full download capabilities.
- Ability to relate products to one another to cross sell them.
- Each product can be related to numerous categories.
- Product options can be of various types including textareas and textboxes (which allow customer input) and selection lists, radio buttons and checkboxes (which allow customer choices).
- Product option selection items can have postive/negative price and weight changes on the item cost and support recurring billing as well as inventory.
- Each product option can be related to numerous products.
- Front-end search against keywords, description, product name and product number fields as well as use of price ranges.
UK and European Market Features
- Full support for European Union VAT calculations.
- Product prices can be inclusive or exclusive of EU VAT.
- Control whether to display prices inclusive or exclusive of EU VAT, or choose to display both.
- Handles EU VAT rebate system and works great for VAT registered companies.
- Company EU VAT entries for rebates can be checked online in realtime.
- Products and product options can use different EU VAT rates. Up to five levels of rates available.
- EU VAT special handling for digital and disability goods is supported.
- Shipping via Royal Mail and Parcelforce is supported using zone-based shipping tables.
- Accounting software exports are supported for Sage Accounting and Quickbooks.
- Registration information page pre-formatted to meet disclosure requirements.
- UK and European processing support including WorldPay (DirectPay), SagePay (Protx Direct & Form), Nochex, Barclaycard (ePDQ), PayPoint.net (SECpay) and HSBC.
Payment Processing and Checkout
- Support for contact customer and offline credit card and switch/solo processing.
- Support for check and purchase order payments.
- Support for realtime processing with over thirty gateway services: Authorize.Net (SIM & AIM); Verisign (Payflow Link); 2CheckOut (Authnet Interface); PayPal; WorldPay (DirectPay); Linkpoint (Linkpoint HTML & API); Wells Fargo (BoA & Authnet Interfaces); iTransact; Bank Of America; viaKLIX; PaySystems; ECHOnline; EFSNET; InternetSecure; PlugNPay; SkipJack; PSiGate; Netbilling; BluePay; FirstPay; Planet Payment (Weblink); RT Ware (Weblink); GoRealTime.Com; SagePay (Protx); Nochex; Barclaycard (ePDQ); PayPoint.net (SECpay); HSBC
- Support for PayPal IPN.
- You can run multiple payment methods at once.
- Fully customize the order form - including creation of extra fields presented for customer completion at checkout.
- Additional checkout options include discount code entry and tax ID number entry for exemptions.
- Support for a minimum total needed to checkout.
Shipping Method Support
- The program supports shipping choices on the product level - meaning one product could be downloaded whereas another could be shipped realtime where a third may be custom based.
- Support for realtime rates is available for: UPS OnLine® Tools, FedEx Web Services, USPS Web Tools and Intershipper.
- Support for embedded tracking information on orders is available for: UPS OnLine® Tools, FedEx Web Services and USPS.
- Support for zone-based shipping around the world via Royal Mail and Parcelforce.
- Default product-based shipping methods allow you to specify a per-item charge at the product level.
- Custom shipping methods allow you to use custom shipping scripts to specify custom calculations of charges at the product level.
- Manage your connection status with UPS OnLine® Tools, FedEx Web Services, USPS Web Tools and Intershipper realtime using the web-based management interface.
- Support for additional per-shipment handling charges.
- For realtime methods: The ability to ship items in single boxes, group with other items or to ship in separate boxes.
- Full drop-shipper support including the ability to specify different shipment origins for realtime shipped items.
- Drop-shipper support includes sending order confirmations for items ordered to shippers.
Discounts, Sales and Taxes
- Support for the entry of discount codes at checkout.
- Discount codes are set up using the web-based management interface.
- Discount codes can be set to expire one use or be of the non-expiring type.
- Discount codes can include/exclude certain items at the administrator's discresion.
- Discounts can be done as a currency amount or percentage of the items ordered.
- Unused portions of currency amount discounts are saved for future use.
- Custom sale logic allows the administrator to use custom scripts to calculate sales at checkout.
- Taxes can be calculated for both State/Provinces and Countries and can use Standard and UK/EU systems.
- Items can be marked individually as tax exempt.
- Multiple taxation localities are supported.
Orders, Reporting and Accounting
- Order management functions include a fully searchable database table, the ability to enter shipping tracking numbers for ordered items and the ability to include comments.
- Customers have the ability to track their orders realtime using the front-end.
- Administrator based reports include: Administrator Access Log, Page View Reports and Daily, Month and Yearly Activity Reports
- Accounting exports are available for both Quickbooks, Peachtree & Sage.
Customer Care and Retention
- The program uses both cookies and URL management to ensure customer shopping carts are retained throughout the shopping experience.
- Customer account functions allow customers to set up accounts, edit them and retrieve lost passwords.
- Customers with accounts can save wishlists and address books as well as have full management of their accounts.
- Both the front-end and management interface have contact modules that allow for email based communication between customers and administrators.
- The program is delivered with a full-blown mail list program that allows the administrator to send text-only and/or XHTML-based email messages to subscribers.
- The mail list function allows customers to subscribe/unsubscribe via simple account links.
Wholesale and Affiliate Systems
- The program comes with built-in affiliate and wholesale systems.
- At the administrator's discretion, maximum payouts per order based on a currency amount or percentage can be set.
- The management interface has functions to activate affiliates and wholesalers and assign commission levels.
- Affiliate front-end functions include account upgrade requests, lost password retrieval, linking information and order & sales reports.
- Set affiliate commissions and wholesale prices on either the product level or globally per-affiliate or per-wholesaler
Dynamic Forms and Remote APIs
- The software comes with a dynamic form function that allows for the setup of web-based forms using a simple management interface.
- Choose what types of form fields to present, the questions asked and the email address to which results from each form are sent.
- The shopping cart function has a remote API that allows for shopping cart additions to originate from outside HTML pages.
File Management Functions
- Full file management functions are available within the web-based management interface.
- The management interface has functions to upload and manage image and media files.
- The management interface has functions to upload and manage downloadable files.
- All files uploaded via the program can be viewed/deleted via the web-based management interface.